Wednesday, February 23, 2011

YUM!


Luckily for my wife, and myself, I have learned to love and enjoy cooking. This pizza is the most recent addition to my culinary mastery. Ok, maybe that's a little much, but if you have ever experienced baking/cooking something, having a goal in mind as to what you want it to taste like, you know how I felt tonight! Pizza is a pretty regular thing around our house, whether we make it from scratch, Papa Murphey's, or Pizza Hut (only on the rarest of occasions), we like pizza. Tuesday night, I decided that it was pizza time, but wanted something different...so BBQ chicken it was. I knew I had some great BBQ sauce in the fridge, but I had to think of what else to put on it. First though, was the crust.

When we were first married, we hung out a lot with one of E's cousins, who sadly moved away. Anyhoo, she gave us some recipies, but the one that gets used the most is the pizza crust. It is really easy to make: a packet of Quick yeast, flour, sugar, salt, oil, and hot water (to dissolve the yeast), let it sit for bit, and walla, you got dough! Sometimes I add basil, oregano, or other spices into the crust.

Next I "Foreman'd" the chicken. While that happened, I chopped up some yellow Onion (sweet onion would have killed it!!! (a good kill)), some baby sweet peppers, and some seasoning, sauteed in Worcestishire Sauce and A1. YUM! It was starting to smell very good. Instead of a tomato-based sauce I used the hickory smoked BBQ sauce. I topped it all off with chedder/jack cheese and hoped for the best. 12 minutes later that beauty at the top popped out and as I took the first bite, celebrated as my taste buds savored the amazingness of BBQ chicken pizza! SO GOOD!

Basically, I just wanted to share with you that I like cooking and that it is fun! I guess what we can apply here is that if we put our best effort into it, maybe "follow the recipe" until we get some practice, good things can come. My only follower of this blog, so far, commented about the last post, basically about going deeper into the issue of "picking". I appreciated it, because I was reminded that there are times to go deeper than the surface issue. Is there a deeper application to this cooking tale? Maybe it's patience, maybe it's the art of it.

For me, I think it speaks to me that if we truly apply ourselves and do our best, we will find success. Not that we can "create" our success, or that I like Joel Osteen, but there is a point where we can "get better at life", the way we live, our intentions, our interactions with others. Maybe we need a "recipe" to get us started (Jesus, a mentor) and then to take it to the next level, a Class or in-depth techniques book (Bible, discipleship) and then we will be living how we want, blessing and loving others in ways we could never imagine.

Or maybe it's just about making delisously awesome food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment