Thursday, April 14, 2011

Royal post....

So...it's April 14. My last night at the mission for this week. It's my Friday, Friday...and I kinda feel like getting down. You know, partying, partying, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun.  Hm. I should write a song about how awesome Friday is. Oh well.

So the Royals are off to a good start. Actually, surprising I would say. They have won or tied all their series so far, with the ties being two-game series against traditionally tough teams in the Twins and White Sox. I would also like to take this minute to thanks the Angels bullpen for three victories and one of those series wins. It has been fun to catch the highlights and thanks to MLB Extra Innings trying to tempt me to buy their program, I was able to watch a few games as well. I did not have high expectations for this year. I mean, I have been watching the Royals for long enough to know that this year is only going to be different in one way: their are legit prospects in AAA that can be called up and change the future of the Royals. Heck, there are three in the bullpen that are excelling right now. Never before have then Royals had such a farm system as they do now. I admit, I heckeled Dayton Moore as much as the next guy. But there is one front on which I will give him credit: our minor league system is off the charts amazing. He has told us to "Trust the Process", and only this offseason did I finally have the patience to do so, even when he signed Melky Cabrera and Jeff Francouer to play 2/3 of the outfield. He also made two very shrewd signings in Jeff Francis and Bruce Chen. Don't get me wrong, They Cabrera and Francouer deal aren't going to kill us. They are only for one year and they are considerably cheap. hopefully they play well enough to flip for a prospect or two.

Now, it is a long season, and I know that the Royals will not continue to win at a close to .700 clip. It's just not going to happen. I am ok with that too. This is the year for the guys on the roster to prove they belong before the kids get here and puch them out of jobs. That is what needs to be accomplished in 2011 in Kansas City. Also, Jason Kendall needs to not play (wishful thinking, or is it dreaming...).

I am a fan. Unabashedly. Go Royals!

No comments:

Post a Comment